Lehmann - I think I have a chance to win things
Arsenal v Newcastle United

Jens Lehmann believes he has every chance of winning trophies with Arsenal.

The German stopper's future has been subject to much press speculation in recent months, but as the end of the transfer window draws closer it appears the 38-year-old will stay at the Club for the remainder of the current season.

[Linked Image]

Lehmann cites many reasons for his decision to stay in London. Ultimately though, he is happy in the capital.

"First of all, I like it here," he said. "I like the Club, I like the fans, I like the team and the way we are playing football. And I think that I still have a chance to win things here — I wouldn’t have had this chance somewhere else.

"It’s true that I had to consider my family situation — my boys like going to school here and they have a lot of activities ahead of them before the end of the academic year.

"Then there’s the fact that I am a competitor. If I still see a chance to get in the team, why should I give up? The pressure comes into play from this point in the season, and I know that experience can be very valuable, we all have a role to play.

"Those are the reasons why I decided to stay here.

Lehmann also revealed that his 'special' relationship with the supporters was a big factor.

"Yes, they [the fans] played a big role in my decision. I’ve had a fantastic time here — soon after I arrived we went unbeaten for 49 games so I was lucky to build up a special relationship with the supporters.

"The next year we won the FA Cup, the third year we unfortunately didn’t win the Champions League but it was very close. I’ve always liked playing here and it’s not something I could just give away through not playing a few games — things can all change very quickly in football.

"I believe in this team’s ability to win things and I believe in my ability to be a part of that, so I can’t give it up that quickly."