Bendtner - Don't write us off in title race

Nicklas Bendtner has warned Arsenal’s title rivals not to write off his side just yet.

The Dane is likely to continue up front for the crucial Premier League game with Manchester United on Saturday.

The match is being billed as pivotal in Arsenal’s season. Victory will put them right back in the title shake-up. Defeat could leave them nine points off the pace.

Having dropped five points in their last two games, the media seem pessimistic for Arsenal. Bendtner is not so sure.

“We still believe we can win the title and it will be like that until the season finishes,” he said. “We owe that to ourselves and we want to win it for everyone.

“We are very young but we can still prove people wrong. We shouldn't be written off yet. We're very strong and we have played well against big teams this season. It will be no different on Saturday.

“Yes it's an important game and Man United are a big team but we'll go out there and try to win it like we always do.

[Linked Image]

“Every match we play against them is big and we believe we can beat anyone with the players we have available.”

In the absence of Emmanuel Adebayor (ankle), Robin van Persie (suspension) and Eduardo (broken leg), Arsenal will be relying on Bendtner in their biggest game of the season so far. The 20-year-old is quite happy to shoulder the individual responsibility but, at the same, he is aware scoring goals is a collective activity.

“I always feel confident whoever I play,” he said. “I'll play to my strength and the team will play as a unit. If we all play well that should be enough but I want to do the best I can.

“If I play I'd like to score. It would be fantastic to score against Man United. If I can score and help us win the game then I'll be very happy. If I play well and someone else scores I'll be happy too.

“If you play well, you keep your place so you have to keep working hard.

“It's the same for every striker, there's no free pass [into the team] at a top club.”