Adebayor - Arsenal made me, I can’t go

Emmanuel Adebayor is going nowhere this summer.

The Togolese striker says Arsenal ‘made’ him and he cannot leave the Club until he has paid back that debt with trophies.

The 25-year-old was speaking after his side’s Champions League exit at the hands of Manchester United on Tuesday. It ends Arsenal’s trophy-hunt this season and, if the past is anything to go by, could kick-off a summer of transfer speculation.

Adebayor was strongly linked with a transfer to Milan during the 2008 close season but, this time, he has moved early to quash any such rumours. He is aware how much he owes Arsenal.

“Before signing, I can remember people telling me I had the chance to win things," said the forward who arrived from Monaco in January 2006.

"Now I am empty-handed but I don’t have any reason for leaving until I have got trophies and what I came here for.

"Arsenal put me where I am today. They made me one of the biggest strikers in the world. I have to pay them back.

“How am I going to pay them back? Make them win trophies. That’s what I am here for and I have to fight for that. Next season, 100 per cent, I am an Arsenal footballer.

"I will do everything that it takes to come back next season and show how good I am, show character, personality and desire for this club. I have been doing my best, giving 100 per cent in every single game but don’t forget last season I played without injury. This time I got three injuries and that has made it quite difficult for me.

"But we have a good squad. We are learning things and are all young so we just want to achieve things. As soon as we have the chance to win the first trophy, I think many will follow.

“We just have to believe and keep going. We are very disappointed tonight for the fans and for the way they believed we could do it. We are very sorry for that.

“But it's very important for the next season that we are here to play and ready to bring glory to this Club.”