Wenger - Tottenham have not bid for Diarra

Arsène Wenger intends to keep Lassana Diarra and has not received any bid from Tottenham for the talented midfielder.

It has been suggested that Arsenal’s neighbours were hoping to tempt the French international into his second cross-London move of the season.

The 22-year-old only arrived at Emirates on transfer deadline day in August but has not broken into the side on a regular basis since then. The new window has just opened and Wenger suggested that the desire to retain his national team place may be giving Diarra itchy feet. But he definitely wants to retain the former Le Havre star.

[Linked Image]

“I would love to keep him,” said Wenger at his press conference ahead of the Burnley game. “You don't make a player come on August 31st and then want to sell him on January 1st. I want to keep Diarra but we'll see.

“The bad luck is that he arrived when our train had started. I rate him highly and, if it's down to me, I want him to stay. I can understand his frustration because he is worried by the national team. But I bought him in and it was long, hard work to get him here.

“I had nobody from Spurs on the phone and I didn't reject any bids from Spurs. We’ll we keep [our conversations] close and what we do inside [the Club]. But if you ask my opinion, I want him to stay.”