Wenger - We didn't give any goal chances away

on the performance...
"I believe the fluency lacked a little bit in the first half an hour. We played a little bit with the handbrake and couldn't find our usual fluency. But during that period we were serious and overall despite the fact we won 3-0 we had a good defensive performance and our back five was very efficient. We dealt well with their offensive problems.

"Then we took advantage of the first goal, a little tricky goal from Van Persie, and then took advantage of the shock provoked by the first goal. Then in the second half we always played a little bit restricted but once we got the third goal you didn't have the impression that Spurs could come back and we didn't give any goal chances away."

on throwing his jacket at 3-0...
"I threw my jacket up because I was frustrated. I could not communicate with my players because of the noise of the stadium. I am not used to that. That's why I got frustrated because I felt it was important for the team not to concede a goal today because any goal with what happened recently could have caused a panic maybe and resurgence of Spurs."

on Spurs' attacking threat...
"They have created more chances recently, even when I saw them playing at Chelsea recently. That's why I say about the quality of our defensive performance today."

on whether his team can win the title...
"I think so yes, I have said that since the first day of the season and I will not change my mind today. That's what we want to show, I believe we can. We want to show consistency, intelligence and that is not easy. We have other competitors but why should we not challenge? We have the opportunity and the quality and it will be down to our attitude. We cannot lose a striker in every game, that would cause a problem. We need to be preserved a little bit from injuries but I am convinced we have the quality, attitude and spirit in the squad."

on claims that Spurs were Arsenal's equals...
"I said in the press conference [on Friday] that football is not about opinion, it is about performance and what is happening on the pitch. You have to accept that everybody can have an opinion but what is important is what is happening on the pitch. You can understand that Robbie Keane cannot say Spurs are worse than us because it's part of the preparation of the team."

on Nicklas Bendtner's injury...
"It looks quite serious. It is a groin problem and he will be out for four weeks at least."

on seeing a goal scored so quickly after a kick-off...
"I don't know, it can happen sometimes. Cesc took the ball straight away, they lost it because there was an uncertainty, a kind of shock in their team, and we took advantage of it. I thought still when he won the first challenge, then the second, now it would stop with Ledley King, but he managed to push the ball through his legs and had a chance to score."

on Robin Van Persie...
"I think he is a mixture [of players]. He is less a runner with the ball than Thierry Henry and is not completely Dennis Bergkamp because he plays high up the pitch. But he is the kind of player with the kind of game we have who is vital because when you play the ball through the lines to his feet, his first touch is perfect and that allows us to join in. And then he can give you a little pass which makes everybody dangerous. In the box he is intelligent and clever."

on a big week for Arsenal...
"I think it has been a fantastic week for the club because we beat Liverpool, we beat Tottenham, both times with convincing performances and with a style of play which is now within our club. I am very proud of that."

on the advantage played for the third goal...
"I believe yes [the referee deserves credit] because we stopped as well. Maybe they had two or three players who stopped but you always tell your defenders not to stop until the referee whistles. So I don't think you can fault the referee on that."

on the Big Four becoming a Big Six...
"You have to see on a longer period. I believe that I am very positive because when you look at our performances I feel we have the minimum points with the performances we have produced so far. We were unlucky losers at Man United, we were at 1-1 with 15 minutes to go and we looked the more likely to win the game. That's why I believe if we keep our attitude we have a fair chance. Will Tottenham be up there? I don't know yet, it's too early."

on Cesc Fabregas' class...
"The first time we saw him play at 16 years of age he had that certain thing you cannot give to players, what you call the 'signs' of the midfielder, where you have to turn, where you have to play the ball, in what areas. Of course that is talent."

Quelle: arsenal.com