Cesc Fabregas is “50:50” to make the trip to Manchester United on Saturday.

The Arsenal midfielder injured his hamstring in the first half of the 4-1 win against Portsmouth last weekend and consequently missed Wednesday’s win over Celtic at Emirates Stadium.

However, according to Arsène Wenger, the Arsenal captain is improving and will have a fitness test on Friday to determine his inclusion for the squad at Old Trafford.

“He had a training session today that was quite positive,” the manager told Arsenal TV Online on Thursday afternoon. “He will have a definite test tomorrow where we will decide if we include him in the squad or not. Today I would say it is a real 50:50. Yesterday it I would say it was 60:40 against but he looked positive today.”

Meanwhile Wenger had mixed news over another two midfielders.
Aaron Ramsey has undergone a scan after picking up a knock against Celtic but it is hoped no significant injury will be diagnosed. Tomas Rosicky is back in training but will not be risked at Old Trafford.

“From last night we have an uncertainty about Aaron Ramsey,” said Wenger. “He is having a scan at the moment.

“The news was quite re-assuring this morning and we are hoping we’ll get some more [news later]. We don’t think it is a knee injury. We were scared it was a cartilage problem but the news was positive today. It did not swell and he had no restriction of movement. It could be a muscle behind the knee provoked, at first, by a kick on his shin. But we could have some news today that he has nothing at all.

“Rosicky is back in full training but I think a game of that intensity will be too early for him.”

Quelle: arsenal.com