Wenger: ‘Traore’s an adult in football’

Blackburn Rovers v Arsenal

Armand Traore has become a “different person” as well as a different player in the last 12 months.

The 18-year-old left back was the emerging star of the Carling Cup run last season. He featured in every game and was Arsenal’s youngest player to start the Final against Chelsea.

Last week, 10 months on from that match, Traore made his second Champions League start in the 2-1 win over Steaua Bucharest. It is a measure of the giant strides he has made.

“Armand has gone from a useful boy to nearly an adult in football,” said Arsène Wenger. “I still think he has 10-15 per cent to grow experience-wise and to be completely ready for the Premier League but I wouldn’t be scared to play him. He has made so much improvement. He has matured his behaviour his attitude in training and he is completely a different person.

“I hope and wish he goes back to the Final this season and I believe he has a good opportunity if he does well at Blackburn. We have made such a big impact in this competition that I felt they were hard done by in the Final. I would like this team to come back and win the Cup.”