'What we did today was just not good enough'

On the first half…

"Fulham started the game better than us and were sharper in the first half. Although I don’t think they created too much if you look at the game as a whole."

On the goal…

"They had a corner and they took advantage from it. That illustrates the first half. We were not sharp enough. We were not first enough on the ball. The corner showed that and we were punished. When you are focussed you can stop them scoring like that from the middle of the goal."

On the reaction…

"After that we tried to come back in the second half but I feel we were too nervous in the last 25 minutes and wanted to create on our own rather than keeping our vision around the box. That is what we missed a lot today."

On what was lacking…

"We lacked a bit more quality in our passing. We you look at the possession we had and what we did with it that is always a sign it is not only down power but vision and technical quality. That was not there today. I don’t know why. You have to credit to Fulham as well."

On substituting Walcott…

"You need to keep a balance. When I brought on Bendtner we already had Van Persie, Nasri and Adebayor. We needed to win the ball back so we needed to keep three midfielders."

On mistakes and regrets…

"It was the kind of game where you could not afford to make a mistake and we made a massive one. It was a game where if you get to half-time at 0-0 then you would win the game. That is the biggest regret I have."

On bouncing back…

"The result is there and we have to cope with it. We have a big game on Wednesday night and we have to respond with a top class performance because was we did today was just not good enough."