Wenger has no plans to rotate centre backs

Arsène Wenger has no plans to rotate his centre-back pairing but he believes he has sufficient cover if his hand is forced.

The Arsenal manager admits that November is a time when injuries can take their toll and he is loathe to lose either William Gallas or Thomas Vermaelen to the treatment table.

The duo have made their presence felt at both ends of the pitch this season, contributing nine goals while making Arsenal's back line far more robust.

Wenger would rather not break up the Gallas-Vermaelen axis even as the fixtures come thick and fast and he acknowledges that this is a gamble. But the Frenchman has faith in Philippe Senderos and Mikael Silvestre who are waiting in the wings for their chance.

"They [Gallas and Vermaelen] have been exposed much more and they go as well now on international duty after the Wolverhampton game," said Wenger.

"But Senderos is coming back into a good condition, Silvestre is working very hard and looking very good in training, so we are covered but of course, you want to keep everybody in fitness.

"At the moment, no I am not tempted to rotate [my centre backs]. I do not like to rotate too much in central defence because we are in a position where they have a good understanding and every point is vital so it's not worth to take a gamble if I'm not forced to do it."

Quelle: arsenal.com