'I think we could have won this game today'

On the performance...
“I believe we had a nervy start and at 1-0 we didn’t have enough control of the game. We had played a bit too deep in midfield, and in the second half we played higher up. Straight away we got more control, and I think we could have won this game today. It is very disappointing because we showed great spirit, strength, and commitment but missed that thing that can make the difference when you have 10 men. It was difficult."

On Adebayor's red card...
“It was very soft. Today was Be A Gooner, Be A Giver, but you cannot say the referee was a Gooner, he was a giver, giving yellow cards that we didn’t deserve. Every week when we play away from home, we are told people get in our faces and we cant cope.

“I should show you our players after some games we play away from home; it is a joke. Neither of the bookings were justified. It is just an unbelievable decision; if Adebayor goes off, then [Robbie] Keane has to go off in the first minute. It seems we have different rules. The decision cost us two-points today, and I do not agree with it all.”

On the title race...
“The title is won in May and we are only in December. We will fight until the end, because I am convinced that Liverpool will drop more points. They have had four draws at home, so why should they not drop more in the second part of the season.”

On the goal that his side conceded...
“I am not happy because it is the second time we have conceded one like that [ball over the top]; we had the same against Aston Villa. We need to correct that, but I think even with 10 men we were solid defensively. On that front I am happy that we have improved compared to one or two months ago.”

On the rumours surrounding Vela going out on loan, or Tevez and Arshavin coming in...
“No, no, and no.”

On Liverpool's cautious approach after the red card...
“I don’t know if they run out of resources, or maybe they were scared they might be caught out on the break. Only they can tell you, but I saw one or two had cramp on the pitch. We had a few breaks and you could smell danger, so I think Liverpool became cautious.”