Fabregas has '40 per cent chance' for Barca aah

Cesc Fabregas has only a 40 per cent chance of playing against Barcelona on Wednesday night.

The Arsenal captain suffered severe bruising to his leg at Birmingham last Saturday and struggled to complete the game. The Spaniard failed to train on Tuesday and, at his press conference afterwards, Arsène Wenger said he may leave it as late as the warm-up before making a decision.

"He didn't appear in training because at the moment he is not fit to play," said the Frenchman. "We will give ourselves 24 hours more and we will assess the situation tomorrow. But today he would not be available.

"Sometimes you do not want to take a gamble in training because 24 hours more can help. You don't want him to get another kick so it was better that he didn't train.

"I would say it is 60 against, 40 for him playing. Cesc is desperate to play in every single game we play. But if he is not capable to play I wouldn't even put him on the bench. We have 19 players in the squad, that means I have considered the possibility of ruling him out completely.

"But if Cesc is fit I will play him. And I cannot give you an answer today because the medical staff tell me there is still a chance he will be available. But that will decided in the warm up tomorrow night. That tells you how late we will leave it."

Quelle: arsenal.com