Fabregas - I am happier than ever here daumenhoch

Cesc Fabregas says he is happier than ever at Arsenal.

Despite consistent rebuttals from the player himself, the Spaniard is still linked with a return to Barcelona and his name has even been dragged into the upcoming Presidential elections at the Nou Camp.

But, speaking ahead of Tuesday's game with Standard Liege, the midfielder gave all that little credence and once again painted a rosy picture at Emirates Stadium.

"It does not affect me at all because it's been going for years," he said. "To be honest I just don't think about it, I don't want to and I don't think I should because I'm at a great club and in a great team.

"I'm very happy where I am and there is very long season in front of us. The last thing I want to do is get disconnected from what I have to do which is to play football for my team and for the Club that pays me. I'm really looking forward to a great season with Arsenal."

The skipper was then asked if he would like to stay for the rest of his career.

"Why not?" he replied. "I have never thought about it. I'm only 22. You never know what your career will bring but why not? I'm in my seventh season now and I'm really happy, better than ever."

Fabregas also believes that his desire to win trophies can be satisfied too. Barca's relative success compared to Arsenal is sometimes cited as a reason for moving.

"We can achieve that here," said Fabregas in response to the question. "I have played some Finals, fought for Premier League titles.

"It's true that at the end of the season we have sometimes had some feeling that we haven't done it but I'm really happy with the way this club focuses on winning things and I'm sure we are more than capable of doing it this season."

arsenal.com