Adebayor - We can't think we are untouchable

Emmanuel Adebayor believes Saturday’s defeat at Fulham was the best warning his Arsenal side could have received about complacency.

Arsène Wenger’s men were poor at Craven Cottage. Brede Hangeland was allowed to arrive unmarked six yards out to stab home a shot in the 21st minute. It turned out to be the winner. Arsenal only really responded in the final 25 minutes and even then they rarely troubled keeper Mark Schwarzer.

The defeat was as disappointing as it was surprising but, for Adebayor, it could still be useful to Arsenal.

[Linked Image]

“I think losing today is going to be the best warning that we can be given,” he said. “We can't think we are untouchable.

"We could really see, as soon as we don't play together and we don't put our spirit together, we can lose the game.

"So I think these are the things we have to put together. As soon as we play our football with the same spirit and play to help each other on the pitch, we have no reason to lose the games.

"I don't think we had all those things [on Saturday] and we lost the game. Anyway, now, it's already behind us and we have to have a clear focus on Wednesday's game.

“We didn’t think about losing this early, but that's football, we lost and we just have to put it behind us and tomorrow is another day.

“I think we just learn the negative things we have done in this game and keep on going.

“We have something to prove now,” he went on. “You have to show character, to show personality, and we have to get back our confidence as quickly as possible.

"We have a chance to do that and we are playing already on Wednesday, so, yeah, it's going to be a good game and hopefully we can do something. We need to win and bring our confidence back."