Denilson signs a new long-term contract

Arsenal Football Club is delighted to announce that midfielder Denilson has signed a new long-term contract with the Club.

Having joined Arsenal in 2006 from his homeland club Sao Paulo, Denilson (21) firmly established himself in the Gunners’ engine room in the 2008/09 season, making more appearances than any other Arsenal player during the campaign. Having played in every Premier League game, the young midfielder clocked up an impressive 51 appearances in all competitions scoring three goals.

A busy and efficient player with a good eye for a pass, Denilson has captained his country at every level from Under-15 to Under-20 and was a finalist at the 2005 FIFA Under-17 World Championships.

Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger said: “Denilson’s contribution to the Club last season was outstanding. His work rate really was exceptional and it is valuable to have players that we know will perform to the very last minute in such a demanding league. I’m pleased that he has committed his long-term future to the Club. ”

Commenting on his new deal with the Gunners, Denilson said: “My development since I joined back in 2006 has really pleased me, and I just want to build on last season’s performances. We have a hugely talented group of players here, and I am convinced that with everyone working together we’ll be able to achieve great things. It’s a special time to be part of this Club and I’m delighted to have signed a new long-term deal.”

Everyone at Arsenal Football Club is looking forward to Denilson’s continued contribution

Quelle: arsenal.com