Wenger - A 747 of money would not buy Adebayor now

On the game...
"We had a very young side, especially in the first half, and played well. We were unlucky to concede the goal and maybe lacked a bit of experience to score, as well as some physical match sharpness. There were some heavy legs, but it will get better over the next two weeks."

On Jack Wilshere...
"Do not be impressed by his small size because he is not phased by the physical challenges," said the Arsenal manager. He really looks mature on the pitch, but he is 16 and we have to respect his development. However, do not reproach me now about not playing English players."

On the fans reaction to Emmanuel Adebayor ...
"I feel our fans are behind him, I feel that was more disappointed love. To me, face to face, he always told me he wants to stay at the club, and it finished like that, so I believe what he told me. He is not going anywhere - even if you come with a 747-plane full of money."

On signing a new players...
"We are not close to signing anybody and I will focus on the players I have. If we can find someone, then we will do it. If not, I am happy as well.

"Experience-wise we a bit short in midfield but we will see. With Diaby not being injured, Denilson being available, we have quality in there. Today we did not have Rosicky, Fabregas, Eduardo, van Persie and Song. They are five top-class players."

On improving on last season...
"Last year we were really really unlucky. We were only four points adrift and lost only three games. In two of those we were leading 1-0 until 15 minutes before the end. We also got some bad injuries.

"We need to strengthen belief, not only in the way we play but the way we work. We must keep complete confidence in these young players."

On Theo Walcott's potential this season...
"Like everybody he is in the squad and he will play. He will play tomorrow. He had many games last year, he has to make progress, improve and be regular in his performances."