WENGER'S VIEW

Arsene Wenger'He is so composed now, a complete forward'
Manchester City 1-3 Arsenal

On the performance...
"Overall we controlled the game and scored very good goals. We lost a fraction of concentration and it came back to 2-1. From then on it was a case of not making a mistake at the back and trying as quickly as possible to get the third goal. We got caught in the between the two.

"But we did not concede a goal and kept good control of the game. Manchester City as well wanted to wait until the last 15 minutes to bring the strikers on. The game opened up and we naturally got the third goal. I believe it is a deserved win."

On Adebayor not going to the African Nations Cup...
"At the moment I am glad in every match that he stayed at home with us."

On whether he'd swap him for Ronaldo right now...
"I don't consider the problem like that. I have a lot of respect for Ronaldo but I am happy with the players I have. They are different players. I believe that Ronaldo is more of a winger type and Adebayor is a real centre forward. But he has made big improvement this season and has been remarkably consistent. I like the fact that he not only scores goal but he had a big impact on the two centre backs today. Their two good centre backs."

On where he has improved...
"His movement off the ball, his finishing, his calmness. I don't know if some people have seen when he first came to us he was not really composed in front of goal. Now he looks really composed."

On setting targets for Adebayor...
"On the contrary I have said that for me the top scorer in the table is not important. I had seasons when we had the best striker in the Premier League and we did not win. What is important is that the team wins so I asked him to focus on his team performance."

On Adebayor's character...
"He is a generous type of guy. He has big, big stamina plus great strength and power. He loves to play."

On his potential...
"When you are a long time on the job you don't set any limits on anybody. Human beings can always surprise you. You accept that. His form is linked with his mental state. He enjoys it all. Above all there is a great understanding in the team. That makes people more comfortable and confident. That is where you see the best of the team."