Adebayor: Van Persie and I have same ambition

Emmanuel Adebayor believes he is still in the process of building a partnership with Robin van Persie.

The two Arsenal strikers shared the goals in that 4-0 drubbing of Porto on Tuesday. They have 11 strikes between them this season already and now Adebayor is looking forward to a full campaign with Van Persie as injury has hampered the Dutchman’s chances during the last two terms.

“I am very happy because now Robin is fit, looking great and scoring a lot of good goals,” said Adebayor.

“We are just enjoying playing together. He is a very good player. I am just using him and he is using me as well. We have got a great partnership upfront and we have the same ambition, which is to help this team to win something.

[Linked Image]

“All we try to do at the moment is create a relationship. We have shown that we can do something together and everyone is pleased. That is the most important thing.

“We know that if we had had all of our squad fit last season we would have had the chance to win something. Van Persie, Tomas Rosicky and Eduardo got that bad injury towards the end of the season. If you put all these names together, as soon as they are off pitch, it is not the same game.

“Now this season it is easier to compete because there are a lot of players ready and fit to play in every single game and I think that is good for us.”