'These young players always find an answer'

On securing a vital away draw…
“Both teams played well at a high tempo and in an offensive way. Villarreal started stronger than us and the early goal made it very difficult. But In the second half, it was a great response and we took over. It puts us in a great position, but we want to qualify at home and to repeat the type of performance we did in the second half.

On the chances of progressing in eight days time…
"I am confident, [because of] the quality we have shown added to the mental strength and desire we have shown. But we know Villarreal are a good team as well, so we will be on our toes and focused at Emirates. We have a little chance to recover some players who are out as well. But before that we have a big game at Wigan and we need not to lose other players."

On the character shown by his young side to bounce back…
"This team has shown the whole season they are mentally very strong and when they have back to the wall, these young players always find an answer which is very interesting for a young team. I believe we have created momentum. We are a very young team, but are able to focus. We have shown with the consistency we have in the Premier League that we are able to concentrate every three days, and at that age, that is a big quality."

On Emmanuel Adebayor’s spectacular volley…
"It was a great goal, but it was a great game as well. [The goal] was unexpected. At the start his body was a bit in the wrong position to score, but he managed to turn that into an advantage for him. After we had many dangerous situations where we could have scored a second goal."

On the injuries to William Gallas and Manuel Almunia…
"With Gallas, it looks quite serious and could be medial knee ligament injury. We will have to assess it. I am not a doctor, but the first signs do not look too good. Manuel is a reoccurrence of an ankle injury, which probably will be a couple of weeks."