Rosicky - I was nervous before first session

Tomas Rosicky admitted he was nervous when he returned to full training on Thursday after 16 months out.

The Czech midfielder, who has been hampered by injuries to his hamstring tendon and his knee since January 2008, completed a full-contact session with his team-mates under the watchful gaze of Arsène Wenger.

Hopefully a return is now in sight for the experienced 28-year-old, who was a key member of the Arsenal squad before injury struck. However with only two games to go this season, Rosicky is just looking to build for next term now.

“I am very happy to be back with the rest of the squad,” he told Arsenal.com.

“I was a bit nervous I have to say. When you have been out for so long you don’t know what to expect. I did not know if I would still have the same sense of the game, the same understanding, as I had before. But it was great and I did everything with the team.

“It has been a tough time for the medical staff and for me. I thank them but I hope I don’t have to go to the medical room again!

“Of course I still have a lot of work to do before I will be 100 per cent. I think I will not have a holiday like the other players over the summer.

“[Fitness coach] Tony Colbert has told me it will be different for me. That is what I expected because I was out for such a long time.

“But now I have started training again I don’t want to stop.”