Adebayor - Champions League goals will come

Emmanuel Adebayor is unconcerned about his lack of goals in the Champions League and vows to go to Milan next week in search of history.

The Togolese striker, 24 today, missed a gilt-edged chance in the final minute of the Knockout Round first leg tie against the 'Rossonere' last Wednesday. Had his header not hit the bar, it would have been Adebayor's first goal in 14 Champions League matches for Arsenal.

[Linked Image]

It is a record in stark contrast to his overall tally at the Club - 38 goals in 90 games - but it is not one that concerns him.

"When the goals come they will come," he said. "Of course that is what I am fighting for. But it does not worry me. I am not putting pressure on myself. Against Milan [at home], the ball did not want to go in.

"We have passed through the first game with a draw so we know it is not going to be easy now. It is going to be doubly difficult. But I think we played quite well."

The goalless draw leaves Arsenal as the underdogs to go through. Milan's Champions League record in the last five years reads: Winners, Quarter-Finalists, Finalists, Semi-Finalists, Winners. In addition they have never lost to English opponents at the San Siro. Adebayor holds Milan in the greatest of respect but feels the task is within his side's capabilities.

"We will go there with confidence," said the striker speaking last week. "We know that beating Milan is something that will be important for us, our families and the fans, so of course our confidence will be very high. We will play our football, pass and move and if we have a chance to win the game that is what we will do.

"It is going to be my first time in the San Siro so hopefully we can make history there.

"Yes, they have the intelligence and the experience. They are one of the biggest teams I have played against.

"It will be a more open game [than the first leg] and we will have more chances to score. I don't know how many chances we will have but, whatever happens, we will have a chance."