Wenger - We got what we wanted from today's match

Arsenal 1-0 Real Madrid

On the game...
"It was a good game with a good intensity for pre-season. We were not in trouble defensively too much and also created a lot of chances. It was very positive. Our shape was much better than yesterday, our movement was better and overall we got what we wanted from these kind of games. It was serious but, as well, we could take different initiatives. In the last two days I have learned a lot about my squad and how our preparation has gone. It was two great days."

On Adebayor ...
"He felt that people had questioned his commitment and the best answer to that is to give your all on the pitch; play well, show that you are ready to fight for your shirt, fight for your team and be efficient. He showed that, and he is a man of character. You know how it is, if you score goals people quickly forget the frustration. You have to show things with performances in our job."

On Gareth Barry...
"I don't know if Gareth Barry will leave Aston Villa or not, but I am not on his case. I like Gareth Barry and I like two or three other players. It is better I don't speak about names, I said that yesterday. It is better I leave things to your imagination and creation."

On a new signing...
"I cannot tell you anything more. If we sign a player we will come out and tell you, but I can say to you now that we are not close to signing anybody."

On Jack Wilshere...
"You wouldn't want to put any limitations on his participation in the season because he is only 16. At that age you can improve. He looked strong enough and not phased by the big games. The quality is there. I don't look too much at his age, more at what he is doing on the pitch, and right now what he is doing is good."

On Theo Walcott...
"He is ahead of where he was last year. I hope Theo is more regular in the team this year. No 14 is a big number to inherit but I have confidence in him of course, but it is down to performances. I feel his first touch is much better, he moves the ball quicker and his penetration and final ball is better. There is goal-scoring potential in him and hopefully one day we will get that out of him. For now he is not a link player between the midfield and the strikers, like Robin [van Persie] can be, and he is maybe, at the moment, a fraction short physically to play as a real target man because there you get bombarded in the air. He can play wide right and wide left as well."

On Robinho...
"I think it was a good game between Robinho and [Bacary] Sagna. He wasn't fazed by the physical challenge. If you want to know if I think Robinho can adapt in the Premier League, he looks like he has the ingredients to do it. I am not worried if he joins Chelsea because Chelsea will always have 11 good players on the pitch no matter if it is Robinho or somebody else. They will always have the choice."

On the Emirates Cup...
"I wouldn't consider changing the format [to playing over three days]. I can understand it for the players but most teams have two squads. I experienced it at Ajax and felt it was a bit long. Playing on Friday and then on Sunday is a bit boring. What I like here it is swift and that is much better. I wouldn't extend it. I played that at Ajax and even now that has changed from three to two days. Three days is too long."