'A convincing, united and classy performance'

On the performance...
"It was a convincing, united and classy performance. We were strong everywhere a team can be strong that means physically and technically. Even in the second half when we needed to defend we showed the resilient aspects of our game. That makes me think we are maturing very quickly. I believe that the attitude of this team is right."

On resting players...
"You cannot play 60 games with 11 players. You have to anticipate before some of the players are overused. Especially up front when every second, every tenth of a second, is important. You have to provoke up front. Today I rested Walcott and Robin van Persie. This win proves we have good players coming through underneath. We have Nasri, Silvestre, Rosicky and Eduardo too. So there is a lot of quality at home."

On Kevin Davies tackle on Gael Clichy...
"You will smile but I did not really see the impact of the challenge. Gael was in front of me but I watched the ball as it went back to William Gallas. There was 30 seconds to go I said to Gael let’s keep the ball. I need to see it on the video again. It was a shin injury. That proves that the tackle was quite high. Was it an accident? Only Davies can answer that."

On combating the physical game...
"We accept the physical challenge and I think we responded to it well. For me kicking someone is not physical. It is out of the rules. I have to see what he did again on video again but we have no problem with the physical challenge. It is part of the charm of the game."

On the FA taking action on mistimed challenges...
"The speed of the game is so high that referees can miss the real intention of the players. There should be resource for the FA to act on mistimed tackles. But I am cautious on this one because I did not see. It can happen accidentally as well."

On Denilson...
"He was very good. The whole midfield functioned very well. There was strength and security coming out of the whole team. That is what I liked, we were not panicking when we were 1-0 down but responding in a strong way. For such a young team we have a very strong desire not to accept defeat."

On Alex Ferguson saying he'd like Arsenal to win the title...
"We take it with a lot of respect. But we are not naive. It will be interesting this year like it was last year. I will watch the Chelsea v Man United game with a lot of curiosity. Chelsea had a good start, Man United had a difficult start like last year. But you know they will wake up and most of the time they’ll wake up in a big game. This is a big game."