Nasri - I feel great being at this Club

Samir Nasri reached a small but significant milestone on Sunday.

The French international made his 50th appearance for Arsenal in that disappointing defeat against Chelsea at Emirates Stadium and, according to the man himself, he is just getting started.

Still only 22, the midfielder made a belated entrance this season after breaking his leg on the opening morning of the training camp in Austria in July. But Nasri is finally into his stride and, having chalked up 50 appearances in a little over a year in English football, he has set his sights on a triple century and more.

"I'm very happy, I'm delighted to be here and to have played so many games," Nasri told Arsenal TV Online.

"It's really important for me as I hope to do as much as possible, get to 300 or 400 games and something which makes me very happy. I feel great being at this Club, in this city and I want to keep going and going and going."

While Nasri was recuperating from his broken leg, Arsène Wenger was moulding his first-team players into a 4-3-3 formation. The switch in tactics seems to suit the versatile Nasri perfectly - you can envisage him doing a job anywhere across the midfield or in a more advanced wide role. And the 22-year-old believes the new approach has served Arsenal well.

"I think that the 4-3-3 has worked because of the quality here," he said.

"It enables not just me but everyone to express themselves. I think that at the end of last season we adopted this style against Chelsea and some of the others, but it suits me as I can play on the left, on the right or in the middle and is something I'm well suited to.

"I don't mind where I play, I don't mind. On the right I can go forward more. I played in the middle at Marseille and I enjoy playing in the middle, but I'm not bothered as I'll play anywhere for the team.

"Yes [I like the defensive midfield role] but I think I'll leave the more defensive role to those who enjoy defending. I'm capable of carrying it out, but I think that Denilson can do a job there as well as Alex Song."