Cesc - We'll be disappointed if we don’t win title

When Cesc Fabregas was asked if he would be disappointed if his Arsenal side did not go on to win the title, he replied with two words - "definitely, definitely".

The Spaniard was speaking just after Arsène Wenger's team had marched three points clear of Manchester United with a handsome 3-0 win over Newcastle. Sir Alex Ferguson's outfit returned top on Wednesday night with an equally comfortable win over Portsmouth. So, as it stands, the dividing factor between the sides is merely a couple of goals.

However many observers believe it will not stay like that and the experience of Manchester United will prove decisive down the stretch. Fabregas feels they are not looking at the facts.

"Even though we are young now we have shown everyone what we can do," said the 20-year-old. "If we do not win it of course we will be disappointed. Definitely, definitely."

[Linked Image]

Chelsea are just beyond touching distance in third place but Liverpool's challenge is surely over after their defeat at West Ham. Even ahead of that game the former Barcelona midfielder believed it was now a three-horse race.

"Both of them are our main rivals," he said. "I wouldn't just say Man United. Chelsea, I can tell you, are in a good position because nobody speaks about them but they are playing and winning. We will see what happens but I'm sure they will be up there up until the end.

"As for us we need to be consistent. Sometimes we won't play well. It has happened a few times this season but we still kept the points. It is very difficult.

“You can see Chelsea are playing maybe not as well as they used to do. They still win 1-0, 2-1 - that makes the difference at the end of the season.

"Man United are a very strong side. We know they will not lose so we have to be stay strong until the end.”