Wenger - I'll only buy if I can find the quality

If Arsène Wenger cannot find an experienced, top class midfielder before the transfer window closes then he will happily hand more responsibility to one of his emerging young stars.

For over a week now, the Arsenal manager has been openly talking of bringing in a new face in the centre of the park. But, speaking at the Emirates Cup press conference on Friday afternoon, Wenger said he’d only sign “quality” and if he could not get it he’d find a solution from inside the Club.

[Linked Image]

However he refused to be drawn on speculation linking him with a move for Gareth Barry.
“If we can do one more signing we will do it,” said Wenger. “But it will need to be quality.

“We don’t need money to buy someone, and it’s not just [about buying]. It has to be the right person and that is very difficult at the moment.

“It’s not a problem [if we don’t sign anyone] because we have enough young players who can step in but we lost experience and if we can get a midfielder with experience who can play a tactical role we will do it. We need one more body in there.”

However when asked directly about Barry, the Frenchman replied: “I don’t think that the best tactic is to come out with names.”