Injured Song ruled out for next two games

Alex Song will miss Arsenal's next two games.

The versatile Cameroon international was a surprise absentee when Arsène Wenger's side travelled to Barcelona last week after a scan showed an inflamed cartilage in his knee.

Song was hoping to return for Wednesday's North London derby at Tottenham but he is now likely to miss that game and the trip to Wigan on Sunday as well.

"Song is out. Definitely out," confirmed Wenger at his pre-match press conference.

"He looks like he will be out for the whole week and over the weekend he will not play as well."

Meanwhile Andrey Arshavin and William Gallas are both nursing calf injuries and Wenger is not sure when either player will be back.

"Arshavin is out. [It could be the] Man City [game] for him, but I don't think he will make it," said the manager.

"Gallas is not available for the next two or three weeks. I don't know [if he will play again this season]. I hope so, but it will be short for him."

For the record, Arsenal's other injured players at present are Cesc Fabregas, Kieran Gibbs, Aaron Ramsey and Johan Djourou.

Quelle: arsenal.com