Adebayor - If we can beat Milan, we can beat anybody

[Linked Image]
AC Milan 0-2 Arsenal

If Arsenal can beat Milan, they can beat anybody. That was Emmanuel Adebayor's conclusion after the Togo striker helped Arsène Wenger's side to a famous victory at the San Siro on Tuesday night.

The 24-year-old slotted home Theo Walcott's low cross in stoppage time to complete a deserved 2-0 win after Cesc Fabregas had fired Arsenal ahead in the 84th minute. Adebayor's goal also broke his duck in the competition and made up for that gilt-edged stoppage-time miss in the first leg at Emirates Stadium a fortnight ago.

Adebayor left Milan with his reputation enhanced and his belief sky-high. Having seen off the European champions, Adebayor believes Arsenal are a match for any team.

"Beating this Milan team means we can beat every single team in the world," said Adebayor.

"Now we've got that in our heads we can let ourselves go. We took control of the game really well defensively and we showed that we have a good team spirit."

"We came here to qualify and actually doing it is something really special.

"My goal was a simple goal, right in front of the posts. It was probably the easiest goal I've ever scored but it's also the most important I've scored in my whole career."