Toure – A win will show we mean business

Kolo Toure believes that a win against Manchester United on Saturday would send out a strong signal of intent to the rest of the Premier League.

Arsenal’s title credentials have been under scrutiny following three defeats in their opening 11 games and the Gunners now trail leaders Liverpool by six points. However, Toure thinks that a win over the current English and European champions will show that Arsène Wenger’s side are still thoroughly in business.

“A win would be really fantastic for us to show that we are there for the title,” said the Ivorian after Wednesdays draw with Fenerbahce. “We know that the Premier League is really long - we are not in the second half yet. We just need to take it as a really important game and to show Manchester United and those big clubs that we are there to fight for the title.

“I have played against them already and I know what I have to expect [from Man United]. I think it’s going to be a good game and we will show them we are still in the race for the title. We are still in there. We are fourth at the moment. We are six points behind but the season is really long. We just need to play game by game.

[Linked Image]

“We concentrate on each game and as a team we just rely on our solidarity. There are some games we are going to lose and there are some games we have to win.”

Arsenal will be without Emmanuel Adebayor (ankle injury) and Robin van Persie (suspension) against United but Toure is in no doubt that their replacements can fill the void admirably.

“When the boss gave them the chances, they scored,” he said. “Vela scored three goals against Sheffield United. It wasn't a really easy game and he showed he is a good striker. He is progressing really well. Bendtner is doing really well as well - he is doing his best at the moment. Obviously he didn't score [against Fenerbahce] but I think on Saturday if he gets a chance he will do it.

“It's up to them to show now that it doesn't matter who they play against, you just focus on your game and take your chance.”