'Mannone's performance was 10 out of 10'

On a tough match at Fulham...
"The three points are the most important thing because we played against a very good Fulham side today. I believe we had problems in the first half, especially to find our game. They stopped us from playing, they played a very good game today - committed, aggressive, well organised. You needed to be special to come out with three points.

"In the second half we had plenty of opportunities but we took one of them very well after a very good pass from Cesc Fabregas to Robin Van Persie. After that we had many opportunities to score a second goal. We were more dominant in the second half but Fulham always looked dangerous on set pieces, on the counter attack and they did try down to the last second."

On Vito Mannone...
"I believe we will give him 10 out of 10 because everything he did was right. For a goalkeeper that is most important. He stopped everything he had to stop, didn't make any wrong decisions and overall he has shown he has the potential to be a very good goalkeeper.

"He is goalkeeper No 3 but goalkeeper No 4 is exceptional as well. I believe Wojciech is quality and he has shown that against West Brom and I gave Mannone the advantage because he's three or four years older and has more experience.

"Until the next game he is No 1. In this job you have to go from game to game. He has played a fantastic game today and the consistency is the first sign of quality.

"He kept us in the game in some unbelievable situations. You say that keeper sometimes look unbeatable. Today he looked like he could make the save needed every time."

On his character....

"He comes from Italy that means he is a lover of the game. He is a quiet boy but he has outstanding physical qualities and fantastic reflexes. You saw that today. He deeply wants to improve every day. He is passionate about the game."

On the fitness of the other keepers...
"Almunia will not be fit for Tuesday. Fabianski will not be fit until October 17 at the earliest."

On the Carling Cup draw...
"It doesn't change my approach. I always try and play a team who has a good chance of winning. We are happy to be playing at home, of course, today I is very difficult to predict who we will play because next week is an international break and the Carling Cup game is between two Champions League games. We will have to see who is available."

On ‘winning ugly'
"It is good for us to know that you can win that way. People always want us to play well and dominate but when we do not win they are not happy too. Today I am happy. We had a difficult first half and we only found our game in the second. But I give a lot of credit to Fulham they played very well."

On Fulham...
"Fulham always play a fantastic game against us from first minute to last. You could not see one player who did not tackle and fight. They tried everything. We would not have gone away with three points if we had not shown attitude and spirit."

On the future...
"I am very optimistic about the team. From what I have seen there is something about the team that shows we can go from strength to strength."

Quelle: arsenal.com