Wenger: 'Our pace and movement were key'

On the nature of the game...
"It was a very open game because the two teams were going forward. Fenerbahce are an attacking side and are very dangerous. Both teams were going forward 100 per cent but the fact we scored an early goal forced Fenerbahce to come out and we caught them many times on the counter-attack.

"It was open because we scored early and it forced them to come completely at us. Overall our pace, movement and technique made the difference and allowed us to take advantage of it but it was not an easy game."

On the youth of his side...
"I am very proud of the team. The average age was 23 and I am proud because we came in and tried to dictate the game in a very heated atmosphere. It is very pleasing that they seemed to play with no fear. I am pleased to see it works. We came here and had a go. We started strong, we remained quite strong and we finished strong."

On the state of the group...
"We have not qualified but we need one more victory."

On Ramsey scoring...
"It is fantastic. The boy is only 17 and to come on and show that he is not scared to play and wants the ball. He has a presence in the game straight away when he comes on, you see that. It is very good to see."

On Theo Walcott's finishing...
"Once again early in the game he got a good goal and he always gives you hope he can make things happen."

On English clubs dominating in Europe again this season...
"It is early to say that but the English clubs have a good chance to come out of the group stages, that looks very positive."

On how the result will be viewed around Europe...
"We want to improve. There are things in our game we want to focus on.The next game we face West Ham on Sunday and that is more important than what people say about us.

"But I hope people who love to watch us we have given them some good moments so they love football."

On Aragones and specifically on whether he would like to coach Fenerbahce...
"Fenerbahce have a very good coach. They just need to give him time work things out. I have a contract with Arsenal until 2011."